The EABS Graduate symposium is a weekend event supported by EABS and has been running every spring for the past ten years. It is a residential event run by graduates, for graduates and emerging scholars. It is always kept small with about 12-14 papers and workshops over the course of the weekend and around 15 people in attendance. In the past, people have come from the USA, Israel, and across Europe to attend the event. At each event at least two senior scholars, including the current President of EABS, have been in attendance. Since 2015, participants from Emory University have joined us via video conferencing.
The twelfth graduate symposium will be held in 2021 as a hybrid conference in Mainz (Germany) and online. More information will follow soon.
Below is a list of locations for past meetings:
- 2009 - Gladstone’s Library, Wales
- 2010 - Gent, Belgium
- 2011 - St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Ireland
- 2012 - Hamburg, Germany
- 2013 - Sheffield, England
- 2014 - Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2015 - Leuven, Belgium
- 2016 - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 2017 - Munich, Germany
- 2018 - Finnish Institute, Rome, Italy
- 2019 - Lammi Biological Station (LBS) of the University of Helsinki, Lammi, Finland
Pictures from past graduate symposiums