Doctoral Position in Hebrew Bible / Old Testament 50%
The Faculty of Theology at the University of Basel, Switzerland, invites applications for a doctoral position in Hebrew Bible/Old Testament (Prof. Dr. Sonja Ammann) to commence August 1, 2017. The position is initially limited to one year but will be extended for three additional years after positive evaluation.
– conduct research and develop your academic skills with the objective of completing a doctoral thesis in Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
– teach one undergraduate course per term
– assist in projects of the research group (e.g., grant applications, organisation of workshops)
– participate in administration of the department
– MA degree (or equivalent) in Theology, Semitics, or Ancient Near Eastern Studies with particular focus on historical-critical exegesis of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
– very good Hebrew skills (good knowledge of Greek is desirable)
– proficient in English and German (the successful candidate will be required to teach in German and is expected to acquire a sufficient command of German within 6 months of taking up the position)
– Openness to working in an interdisciplinary and international context
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The Faculty of Theology provides a stimulating research environment for developing further academic qualifications. Doctoral students have the opportunity to participate in the joint doctoral program in theology through the universities of Basel, Bern and Zürich.
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity employer. Where qualifications and suitability are equal, female candidates will be preferred. Candidates with a migration background are especially encouraged to apply.
Application / Contact
For further questions, please contact Sonja Ammann, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV, copies of degree certificates, names of 2 referees) as a single pdf file to email@example.com (Sabine Müller-Schneider) by April 1, 2017.