Deadline: Applications received by January 15, 2017 will be given full consideration.
The Duke Center for Jewish Studies is proud to offer a Post-Doctoral Fellowship that honors the memory of Rabbi Nathan Perilman, who, after serving at Temple Emmanu-El in New York City, joined the Triangle-area Jewish in his retirement. The Fellowship may be used for post-doctoral studies (Ph.D. received within last three years) in any field of Jewish Studies. Preference may be given to candidates whose presence on the Duke campus promises the greatest contribution to faculty, student and regional seminar interaction; for example, those whose research interests correspond to those of faculty and graduate students at Duke, or to those for whom the use of the Duke library and special collections would be most beneficial. Candidates must agree to be in residence at Duke University for the tenure of their fellowship. The Post-Doctoral Fellow receives a stipend of $47,500.00USD plus benefits for one full year, and is expected to offer one public lecture in the Fall 2017 semester and one undergraduate course during the Spring 2018 semester.
- A letter of intent stating how applicant would use the year to further his/her research and scholarly publication (not to exceed five pages);
- A current CV;
- A writing sample, (not to exceed 20 pages);
- Three letters of recommendation, including one that speaks to applicant’s teaching ability, emailed directly to Duke in .pdf form;
- A teaching portfolio, including statement of teaching interests, syllabi, and evaluations as available;
- An official transcript from the applicant’s doctoral-granting institution.
Duke welcomes applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other factors as prohibited by law. Previous applicants are eligible to re-apply. Candidates from all American and foreign universities are welcome.
All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be PDF files and sent as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone interviews may be conducted for finalists.